UNI offers the following degrees and certificates::
- B.A. Psychology
- B.A. Psychology Teaching
- Psychology Minor
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology Certificate
- Note: Psychology Teaching Minor Discontinued for new applicants
For degree requirements, please click here.
A complete list of Psychology classes offered at UNI can be found here.
For information on the Psychology Department's Honors Program, please visit the honors program page.
Declaring a Psychology Degree
- Advising Note: To see the current courses being offered in Psychology, please click here.
- All teaching majors should obtain a current copy of "Compass". This guide to teacher education requirements is available in the Education Advising Center SEC. 189.
- Students who wish to declare psychology as a major or minor, including the teaching programs, must have completed 9 hours of psychology courses with a minimum GPA of at least 2.50 in the psychology courses. Students not meeting this requirement may discuss their special situation with the department head.
- Only courses with an earned grade of at least a C- will count toward the majors and minors.
- It is possible for psychology majors to graduate with departmental honors provided they have an overall GPA of at least 3.50 and complete a research project deemed worthy of honors by the department. Generally such a project is done in the context of 3 hours of PSYCH 4705, Research Experience in Psychology.
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYCH 1001) is a prerequisite for all other psychology courses, and therefore must be taken by all majors and minors. It also counts as a Liberal Arts Core requirement.
- Undergraduate Advising Head: Mike Gasser
The curriculum for the Psychology Major at UNI has changed recently. Please select the curriculum choice that fits you: